Cattle photographed by Florida Forest Service in 1932.
Cattle raising peaked in 1920 at 15,948 head, dropping suddenly during the Depression to 6,757 in 1930. (see Statistics of Florida Agriculture, Jax Main Lib 338.109759 R595s 1934)
Swimming Pen Creek
Driving Seminole cattle from Alachua through Clay County to Amelia
Resistence to dipping cattle to kill ticks
VIA diligently worked to rid Green Cove Springs streets of cattle.
Joseph Summerall (Summerlin) was CSA General Finegan's cattle contractor.
Lewis Forrester's cattle were taken by the Union Army at Magnolia Springs.
The Bordenville Dairy Farm was located near the Camphor Farm (Camp Blanding) (Parade of Memories, pg 211).