Gustafson Dairy

An ad for Gustafson Dairy, 1948
Mama and Papa Gus started the dairy shortly after 1900. The Village Improvement Association didn’t approve of cows roaming in the streets so their group and the Town Council nudged the Gustafson herd out of town.

The Archives maintains a Subject File on the dairy and a transcription of dozens of family letters back and forth to their relatives in Chicago in the 1930’s.

The old Gustafson Family house remains, just as it was, on Walnut Street in Green Cove Springs.

Scroll Up