Jacksonville, Tampa & Key West Railroads
The Town pre-dates the railroad and was developed by Washington G. Benedict and his Florida Winter Home & Improvement Co. In 1877.
Black Creek (Station)
Just North of Black Creek
Fleming / Russell
This station was apparently only in operation in 1929.
The most exquisite station in the county, complete with architecturally interesting building, fountains and gardens — all to attract guests to the Magnolia Springs Hotel.
Green Cove Springs
Green Cove Springs was the busiest station in the county, and warranted a side track to accommodate all the cars.
The Shortline from Magnolia Springs to Green Cove
The Hay Burner
A rail line ran from the Magnolia Springs Hotel dock to the JT&KW station. It also ran to Green Cove Springs and onto the pier. The Hay Burner was, most likely, a tourist attraction for hotel guests, and it is also likely that small freight cars carried firewood and other steamboat dunnage.
Middleburg Lumber Co.
Locomotive No. 1 is the only one made for Middleburg Lumber Co. By Glover Manufacturing. It was an 0-6-0 (all wheels powered) standard gauge, built in 1913. The photo was probably taken at their plant. What tracks it ran on in Clay County are unknown.
It is unknown if the Middleburg Lumber Co was affiliated with the MH&LB railroad.