The Hotel Era N-Z
Park View Hotel
Orange Park. Previously called Hotel Marion, it was later purchased by Moosehaven and became Brandon Hall.
Green Cove Springs. See Hooper’s “Clay County,” pg 68.
Orange Park. Burned April 2, 1881 (see A. M. Reed Diary)
Green Cove Springs
The Qui-Si-Sana, in Green Cove Springs, worked hard to upstage Magnolia Springs, and featured a casino. Torn down in 2002 to build the new Town Hall.
(The St. Elmo, The Morganza)
Seminole Hotel (The Tyler House)
Photo in Hooper’s “Clay County,” pg 75.
Sparhawk (Orange Park)
St. Clair Hotel
Built by Theodore Edgerton in 1873. 50 rooms.
A brochure is available at the Florida State Library in Tallahassee (OCLC 43678884).
Green Cove Springs. Accommodations for fifty guests. (Parade of Memories, pg 125). Built by Joseph D. Mitchell. Sold to Theodore T. Edgerton in 1873. He tore it down and built the St. Clair.