Green Cove Springs

Originally called White Sulphur Springs or White Springs. Became the county seat in 1871, when it moved from Whitesville (Middleburg).

First promoted y David L. Palmer and Darius Ferris, who are honored with streetnames on the present town map.

Green Cove is fortunate to have available a complete set of 1909 maps of all buildings in town (Sanborn Insurance Maps).

 

GCS

Pier

Orange Ave

Green Cove SpringsGreen Cove SpringsGreen Cove Springs

Green Cove Springs